Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Meet Mike

Hi Everybody! Mike here. Here's a little about who I am and what I'm up to:

I'm winding down my fourth contract here in Korea. I spent two years at a hagwon in Daegu, then took a year off to travel, then came back to Daegu for a college job a few semesters back. I originally started blogging at http://mikeindaegu.blogspot.com as a way to keep in touch with friends and to relay to them whatever weird, interesting, awesome, or zany stuff happened to me here. I went vegetarian nearly two and a half years ago, and then vegan slightly after, and am now mostly weary of labels and doing my best to eat as "ethically" as possible, and since then my blog has changed focus, dealing less with little interesting tidbits about Korean language and culture, and more with my forays into various environmental groups here in Daegu. I also started my own group, Daegu Green Living, and a blog (http://noksaeksari.blogspot.com) to go with it, as a way to help foreigners find out about vegetarian restaurants, organic restaurants, stores that sell domestic/minimally processed/organic produce and meat, and other eco-events going on in the city.

Because the Hansik tour and project gives me a chance to explore my passion for writing, for food, and for all things Korean, it seemed like a great opportunity. I'm very happy to have been selected and totally honored to be on a team with such funny, friendly, and right-thinking folks such as Greg, Tanya, Anina, and Andy.

Please keep following HappyBearEats! I'll do my best to keep it interesting and informative.

Happy Eating~~



Here's a little secret: cameras stress me out and make me act ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment