Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Meet Anina

My parents have always raved over what a 'versatile eater' I was as a kid, eating any and everything they would feed me. To this day I am still fascinated, enthusiastic, and curious about sampling it all. As great as buffets are, they're almost too much for me to handle. Same with new grocery stores, especially in foreign countries! It's best I go to a grocery store alone so my friends don't have to wait for me as I lust over everything. I am particularly interested in food as medicine, as is much of Korean culture. This includes all of the marvels at Korean street markets: roots, leaves, powders, grains, stems, wild 'mountain herbs', nuts, you name it. If it comes from the ground it can be used as medicine. One of my favorite things about living in Korea and experiencing their cuisine is that every time I eat something with a native Korean, they always tell me something like "Oh, this is very good for your skin" or "this is good for your throat" and what have you. When I learned about this opportunity with Hansik, I was very excited to have the chance to become even more immersed in food culture and potentially discover more medicinal food secrets. -Anina




No comments:

Post a Comment