Thursday, November 10, 2011

Amazing Tasting Bossam: Simmered Pork Butt with Homemade Kimchi and Tofu

Dear Bossam,

You were the best pork I have ever tasted. 

You were pork butt simmered in a broth of garlic, ginger, onion, soy bean paste and some homemade rice syrup. Boiling doesn't quite describe how succulent your taste was. Your meat and fat absorbed the flavor of the broth. Your succulent meat tasted as fresh and as healthy as an organic food should. 

I ate you at Harong Village Restaurant (호롱마을) in Jeongup. Harong White Swan Restaurant growths their own food organically and makes most of their foods.. 

"I wouldn't grow my food any other way," the farmer and restaurant owner said. 

The efforts of the farmer for healthy raised meat showed in the delicious and high quality pork, kimchi, and the tofu the Happy Bears ate.

I am grateful to have tasted something so good.


Harong White Swan Farm Restaurant 
전북정읍시 수성동 1030-8번지/ (063) 531-7741

No comments:

Post a Comment